Our congregation has arranged for a standard funeral plan to be available to our members and their immediate families (including parents and children) on an optional basis. A phone call will initiate this procedure and spare the grieving family the burdens of planning a funeral, selecting a funeral director, choosing a casket and deciding on the amount to be spent on the loved one’s burial. Regardless of what time of day or night, Chicago Jewish Funerals will have a funeral director personally assist the family and meet with them at their home, hospital or any location the family requests. Every congregant served by Chicago Jewish Funerals will be cared for with the utmost dignity and respect.
The program has been designed with Chicago Jewish Funerals and offers the following:
- Professional services of funeral director and staff
- Custodial and general care of remains
- Transfer of remains from place of death
- Hearse/Graveside transfer vehicle
- Staff and equipment for chapel, graveside or synagogue service
- Simple, dignified, dark stained, semi-oval traditional wood casket
- Muslin shroud (if selected)
- Register book
- Shiva and Yizkor candles, k’riah ribbons, service folders, acknowledgement cards
Limousine, newspaper notices, death certificates are available at an additional charge. This plan does not include cemetery charges.
A staff member of Chicago Jewish Funerals will go the family’s house to make funeral or pre-need arrangements.
Contact the rabbi and the temple office, and in the event of a late hour call, please phone Chicago Jewish Funerals directly at (847) 229-8822, and advise them that you are calling in connection with the B’nai Yehuda Beth Sholom funeral program.